Crimson is the new marketing name that is replacing Catalyst.
AMD Catalyst Driver is now the AMD Crimson Driver.
AMD Crimson Linux 15.12 driver
Revision Number: 15.12
Release Date: 12/18/2015
Description: Automated installer and Display Drivers for X.Org 7.4 and above
- XOrg 7.4 or above (up to 1.17)
- Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.19)
- glibc version 2.2 or 2.3
- POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support is required for 3D applications
The following packages must be installed in order for the AMD Catalyst driver for Linux to install and work optimally:
- [SWDEV-82980] Ubuntu 15.10 fails when building the .deb packages
- None listed in the release notes.