m (Protected "8.23.7": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
|(3 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 08:53, 8 October 2012
ATI Linux fglrx driver version 8.23.7
 New Features
 New Product Support
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver introduces support for the following ATI AGP products:
- ATI Radeon® X850 XT Platinum Edition
- ATI Radeon® X850 XT
- ATI Radeon® X850 SE
- ATI Radeon® X850 PRO
- ATI Radeon® X800 SE
- ATI Radeon® X800 VE
- ATI Radeon® X800 GT
- ATI Radeon® X800 GTO
- ATI Mobility™ Radeon® X800
 OpenGL 2.0 Enhancement
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver provides support for applications utilizing OpenGL Extension Wrangler (GLEW) Library. GLEW has a run-time mechanism that determines which OpenGL extensions are supported on a target platform.
 Full Scene Anti-Aliasing Support
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver now provides Full Scene Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) support on all ATI Radeon® 9500 and above. FSAA is enabled through aticonfig. Information on this feature can be found executing the command aticonfig --help.
 Known Issues
- Attempting to install the driver on distributions that have updated certain 3D components outside of the stock XOrg 6.8.2 may result in the driver not initializing 3D applications properly.
- TV Display is Corrupt After Switching Resolutions.
- Running two X servers simultaneously results in the system failing to respond.