ATI Linux fglrx driver version 8.28.8
Release date: August 18, 2006
New Product Support
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver introduces support for the following ATI products:
- Radeon® Xpress 1200
- Radeon® Xpress 1250
- Radeon® Xpress 1300
It was dark when I woke. This is a ray of sunhsnie.
Display Switching Support for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad Products
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver provides Display Switching support for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad products containing a supported ATI Radeon® Mobility™ product. This feature allows users to use the hotkey function Fn+F7 to toggle between display devices connected to the laptop.
ATI Pairmode Support
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver introduces a new feature called Pairmode. This feature allows users to enable BigDesktop mode with two different screen resolutions. When using Xrandr, users can now dynamically switch between BigDesktop and Clone mode without having to restart the X Server.
Retaining Display Device State Between Restarts
This release of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver now maintains the display device status between restarts. Previously, when using multiple display devices, the ATI Proprietary Linux drivers enabled all displays connected to the display adapter even if the display devices were disabled by aticonfig or Display Switching.
- Connecting a Dell Widescreen UltraSharp 2405FPW to the DVI port of any supported ATI product installed in a system running the X Server no longer results in the display failing to provide an image.
- Attempting to install the ATI Proprietary Linux driver on distributions that have updated certain 3D components outside of the stock XOrg 6.8.2 may result in the driver not initializing 3D applications properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20868
- A system hang may occur when attempting to resume from hibernation mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22059
- Loading the XVideo Extension on 64-bit Xorg 6.9+ systems causes the X Server to segfault on launch with ATI Radeon X1K products. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22837
- Users with X Server X.org 7.1 can not play any video using XV. The ATI AVIVO Video adaptor is not present. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22852