Difference between revisions of "8.29.6"
m (Protected "8.29.6": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 11:48, 20 March 2013
ATI Linux fglrx driver version 8.29.6
Release date: September 20, 2006
The ATI Proprietary Linux software driver introduces Linux Kernel 2.6.18 support.
The following section provide a brief description of resolved issues with the latest version of the ATI Proprietary Linux driver. These include:
- Unreal Tournament 2004: Using the in-game options to change the desktop display resolution no longer results in the display failing to refresh properly when exiting the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23307
- SpecViewPerf: Running the sub-test UGS-04 no longer results in the operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23308
The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI Proprietary Linux driver. These issues include:
- Attempting to install the ATI Proprietary Linux driver on distributions that have updated certain 3D components outside of the stock XOrg 6.8.2 may result in the driver not initializing 3D applications properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20868
- A system hang may occur when attempting to resume from hibernation mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22059
- Loading the XVideo Extension on 64-bit Xorg 6.9+ systems causes the X Server to segfault on launch with ATI Radeon X1K products. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22837
- Users with X Server X.org 7.1 can not play any video using XV. The ATI AVIVO Video adaptor is not present. Further details and the workaround can be found in topic number 737-22852
For further information and general help on driver or software installation, game issues, and more, visit the ATI FAQ website.
R200 based hardware is no longer supported by this driver.