Revision as of 22:52, 22 January 2012 by Mooninite (Reverted edits by 220.127.116.11 (talk) to last revision by Isaac702)
ATI Linux fglrx driver version 8.36.5
Release date: 18 April, 2007
- This release on the AMD Catalyst™ Linux Graphics Driver software suite introduces support for Linux Kernel 2.6.20.
- The Beta version 0.9 of the AMD Catalyst Control Centre: Linux Edition now features language Localization in: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Thai, and Turkish
- In certain AGP graphics cards the system no longer ceases to respond when switching from the X-Server display to a text console.
- Attempting to install the AMD Catalyst™ Linux Graphics Driver software suite on distributions that have updated certain 3D components outside of the stock XOrg 6.8.2 may result in the driver not initializing 3D applications properly. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20868.
- Enabling stereo may result in rectangular corruption in X Windows on the screen's right hand side. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26088.
- The AMD Catalyst Control Centre: Linux Edition may exhibit an exception on the X1900 Series graphics board family running certain desktops.
- Using the xgl enabled x-server interface disables display switching hot plug support.
- An increase in CPU utilization will be experienced for video playback using GLESX comapred with GSL. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26983.
- Video tearing during playback. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26984.
- There is no support for video playback on the second head in dual head mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26985.