Difference between revisions of "ALT Linux"
m (Protected "ALT Linux": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (expires 05:20, 31 March 2013 (UTC)) [move=autoconfirmed] (expires 05:20, 31 March 2013 (UTC))))
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 00:20, 17 March 2013
ALT Linux uses repackaged official rpms since 2003. From
8.20.8 version we use repackaged installer for unified build for all supported distributions and upstable repository (due lack of rpm supporting xorg 7.0). All disributions from Master 2.4 have fglrx as part of kernel-complete package installed on first stage. So if you install any ALT Linux distribution (starting from Master-2.4) you have recent fglrx already. Next steps are necessary if you want install fglrx independently or if stock version from distribution are old for your hardware (like X1K series).
Features in brief:
- i386 and x86_64 packages.
- unifield build for all supported distrbutions.
- fixes for recent (2.6.16 ) and non-standard (realtime-preempt) kernels.
 Prepare stage
fglrx package in ALT Linux consist of 3 parts: kernel module, glx/x11 driver part and configuration tools package. All 3 parts are depends from each other. So for manual install you must prepare/download 3 packages:
- fglrx_glx (glx/x11 driver part)
- kernel-modules-fglrx-%flavour-%version (%flavour kernel fglrx module)
- fglrx-tools (optional).
%flavour may be identified by uname -a string. May be std-(up|smp), std26-(up|smp), wks-(up|smp), wks26-(up|smp) etc.
 Install stage
Afer download/prepare you may install packages using rpm (for packages made manually) or apt (for repositories).
example install string for rpm:
# rpm -ihv fglrx_glx-%version.i586.rpm kernel-modules-fglrx-%flavour-%version.i586.rpm fglrx_tools-%version.i586.rpm
where %version is fglrx version what you want install
example string for apt:
# apt-get install fglrx_glx kernel-modules-fglrx-%flavour fglrx_tools
 Useful resources
- ALT Linux FAQ. Have some notes (in russian) about fglrx. Use
fglrxkeyword in search form.
- Sisyphus Backports page. Backports is the packages from unstabe Sisyphus repository made for older distrubutions. Have recent fglrx packages for Master-2.4.
- ALT Linux page
|Distribution Neutral Steps|