ALT Linux uses repackaged official rpms since 2003. From
8.20.8 version we use repackaged installer for unified build for all supported distributions and upstable repository (due lack of rpm supporting xorg 7.0). All disributions from Master 2.4 have fglrx as part of kernel-complete package installed on first stage. So if you install any ALT Linux distribution (starting from Master-2.4) you have recent fglrx already. Next steps are necessary if you want install fglrx independently or if stock version from distribution are old for your hardware (like X1K series).
Features in brief:
- i386 and x86_64 packages.
- unifield build for all supported distrbutions.
- fixes for recent (2.6.16 ) and non-standard (realtime-preempt) kernels.
fglrx package in ALT Linux consist of 3 parts: kernel module, glx/x11 driver part and configuration tools package. All 3 parts are depends from each other. So for manual install you must prepare/download 3 packages:
- fglrx_glx (glx/x11 driver part)
- kernel-modules-fglrx-%flavour-%version (%flavour kernel fglrx module)
- fglrx-tools (optional).
%flavour may be identified by uname -a string. May be std-(up|smp), std26-(up|smp), wks-(up|smp), wks26-(up|smp) etc.
I have to express apiitcraepon to you for rescuing me from this particular issue. Because of scouting through the internet and getting suggestions which were not beneficial, I figured my life was over. Living minus the answers to the problems you've solved by means of your write-up is a crucial case, and ones which could have in a negative way damaged my career if I hadn't come across your website. Your actual competence and kindness in touching every part was helpful. I don't know what I would've done if I had not encountered such a stuff like this. I am able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for your expert and amazing guide. I will not hesitate to refer your site to anybody who wants and needs direction on this situation.
- ALT Linux FAQ. Have some notes (in russian) about fglrx. Use
fglrxkeyword in search form.
- Sisyphus Backports page. Backports is the packages from unstabe Sisyphus repository made for older distrubutions. Have recent fglrx packages for Master-2.4.
- ALT Linux page
|Distribution Neutral Steps|