Difference between revisions of "Catalyst 7.11"
m (Protected "Catalyst 7.11": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (expires 22:41, 6 February 2012 (UTC)) [move=autoconfirmed] (expires 22:41, 6 February 2012 (UTC))))
Revision as of 16:41, 23 January 2012
ATI Catalyst Linux 7.11 driver
Release date: 21 November, 2007
The new driver release carry a new name (the same used for the Windows counterpart) and version numbering (7.11 means year 2007, month November). It is still a proprietary closed-source driver.
The main improvement is the full support to 2.6.23 kernel. This should solve the Suspend/Hibernation problems recently found due to the incompatibilities between older fglrx driver and SLUB memory allocator (default in the 2.6.23 kernel).
- This release of the ATI Catalyst™ Linux driver introduces early-look support for the following new operating systems:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.6 (tested with Snapshot 6) * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (tested with Snapshot 7) * Ubuntu 7.10 * RedFlag 6.0 DT (tested with RC) * OpenSUSE 10.3 (tested with RC1)
- Corruption for example in the Gnome Terminal or on the Gnome desktop background is no longer observed on XPress 1200 series graphics hardware.
- The kernel module is now working on kernel version 2.6.23
- An error message no longer appears during installation if dash is used as /bin/sh
- There is no support for video playback on the second head in dual head mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26985
- Desktop corruption may be noticed when dragging the overlay/video when using dual-display mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29578
- A black screen may be observed on some hardware when switching to the console or leaving the X window system when a Vesa framebuffer console driver is used. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30687