Difference between revisions of "Fedora"
(→FEDORA 15 Installation)
(→SAME AS FEDORA 15 BUT WITH VERSION 11.11 MINIMUM)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 06:53, 20 November 2011
Fedora is a free GNU/Linux distribution sponsored by Red Hat. It is not Red Hat, but has a similar history. Red Hat does use aspects of Fedora as an incubator for their Red Hat Enterprise Linux products. Please see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution guide for more Red Hat specific information.
- Repackaged by Thorsten Leemhuis and Matthias Saou.
- Official ATI binary package maintained by Phoronix.
- Fedora Core 4 Installation Guide
- Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
- Fedora Core 6 Installation Guide
- Fedora 7 Installation Guide
- Fedora 8 Installation Guide
- Fedora 9 Installation Guide
- Fedora 10 Installation Guide
- Fedora 11 Installation Guide
- Fedora 12 Installation Guide
- Fedora 13 Installation Guide
- Fedora 14 Installation Guide
FEDORA 15 Installation
- Download latest driver from ATI/AMD (minimum 11.10)
- Start software manager and install:
- Open terminal, SU to get root, cd into directory where "ati-driver-installer" is located, type:
- Install default (do not generate distribution package)
- Go to /usr/share/ati and open fglrx-install.log, at the end you should see build succeeded with return value 0,duplicating results into driver repository...done. if so it's all good!
- In terminal type:
Open terminal,SU to get root,type:
FEDORA 16 Installation
SAME AS FEDORA 15 BUT WITH VERSION 11.11 MINIMUM
Good luck, winglman knowledge is free so share it!
|Distribution Neutral Steps|