When Red Hat discontinued Red Hat Linux in 2003, the RHL code forked into two branches. One branch is the enterprise distribution called Red Hat Enterprise Linux which is the central component of Red Hat's business model, the other branch is the general-purpose community distribution called Fedora. The Fedora code is periodically cloned and undergoes added additional refinement for stability, business-readiness and a smaller package base. This matured clone then becomes the next RHEL release.
Red Hat often use Fedora as a platform for testing public readiness of new features which are eventually destined for RHEL and other Red Hat products. The Fedora Project still maintains a very strict software inclusion policy and testing process, so releases are not "unstable" or "bleeding-edge". Some example features which have migrated from Fedora to RHEL in the past are the yum package manager, NetworkManager and KVM virtualization. Some current testing features are systemd as a replacement for init, and the brtfs filesystem.
- Currently packaged by RPM Fusion.
- Older versions (FC9 and earlier) were packaged by Thorsten Leemhuis and Matthias Saou.
- Official AMD/ATI binary package available at support.amd.com.
Current maintenance cycle
Maintenance cycle ended
- Fedora 14 Installation Guide
- Fedora 13 Installation Guide
- Fedora 12 Installation Guide
- Fedora 11 Installation Guide
- Fedora 10 Installation Guide
- Fedora 9 Installation Guide
- Fedora 8 Installation Guide
- Fedora 7 Installation Guide
- Fedora Core 6 Installation Guide
- Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
- Fedora Core 4 Installation Guide
- Fedora Project - the community who develop the Fedora distribution
- Fedora (operating system) - from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- DistroWatch.com: Fedora - Third most popular distro for a very long time
- Phoronix Forum: AMD/ATI Linux
iPhone, I now a bukacp bukacp . I iPhone 1 year ago, one lads I worked a app (application program) . explaining iPhone a built GPS receiver, sat nav apps available . point, I I iPhone myself. see a screen shot iPhone navigation app work check out article site.