Fedora 10 Installation Guide
There are two methods to install the fglrx driver. RPMFusion.org provides an RPM repository that fits in with yum for simple installation and updating. AMD provides a script installer that can generate Fedora RPMs or install the driver directly.
- This method will give you automatic updates when they become available from AMD.
Step 1 Install RPMFusion repository information
- Visit RPMFusion.org and install the RPM.
Step 2 Install the driver
1. Open a terminal and become root.
$ su -
2. In the terminal, perform the following command:
# yum install akmod-fglrx
3. Enable the driver for use.
# fglrx-config-display enable
- Open Add/Remove Software.
- Search for "akmod-fglrx"
- Check the package and click Apply.
Step 3 Restart
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
- Visit the Catalyst 13.12 page and download the installer.
- Open a terminal, become root, and run the package.
$ su - # sh amd-catalyst-catalyst-13.4-linux-x86.x86_64.run