Fedora 10 Installation Guide
There are two methods to install the fglrx driver. RPMFusion.org provides an RPM repository that fits in with yum for simple installation and updating. AMD provides a script installer that can generate Fedora RPMs or install the driver directly.
- 1 RPMFusion Repository
- 2 AMD Repository
- This method will give you automatic updates when they become available from AMD.
Step 1 Install RPMFusion repository information
- Visit RPMFusion.org and install the RPM.
Step 2 Install the driver
1. Open a terminal and become root.
$ su -
2. In the terminal, perform the following command:
# yum install akmod-fglrx
3. Enable the driver for use.
# fglrx-config-display enable
- Open Add/Remove Software.
- Search for "akmod-fglrx"
- Check the package and click Apply.
Step 3 Restart
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
- Visit the Catalyst 14.12 page and download the installer.
Step 1 Install Development Tools
The fglrx driver has a small kernel module that is required for hardware 3D and OpenGL acceleration.
$ su -c `yum install gcc kernel-devel rpm-build`
Step 2 Install fglrx Driver
Step 2a Generate RPMs Method
- Open a terminal, and run the package.
$ sh amd-catalyst-14-12-linux-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/F10
- Become root and install the RPM files that were generated.
$ su - # rpm -ihv filename.rpm
Step 2b Script Install Method
- Open a terminal, become root, and run the package.
$ su - # sh amd-catalyst-14-12-linux-x86.x86_64.run
Franklin! Malaki pasasalamat namin sa yo!!! BIG BIG BIG THANKS to you! You cretead great themes!!! I will be bookmarking your site and recommend it to our PON Community. See our site, with a theme cretead by you! I did some edits there to fit my contents but the credits are yours!!! Thanks alot!