Difference between revisions of "Fedora 11 Installation Guide"
m (Protected "Fedora 11 Installation Guide": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
m (Changed protection level for "Fedora 11 Installation Guide": Excessive vandalism ([edit=autoconfirmed] (expires 22:00, 3 January 2012 (UTC)) [move=autoconfirmed] (expires 22:00, 3 January 2012 (UTC))))
Revision as of 17:00, 20 December 2011
- Visit http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-lnx.zip page and download the installer.
Step 1 Install Development Tools
The fglrx driver has a small kernel module that is required for hardware 3D and OpenGL acceleration.
$ su -c `yum install gcc kernel-devel rpm-build`
Step 2 Install fglrx Driver
Step 2a Generate RPMs Method
//This method not tested!
- Open a terminal, and run the package.
$ sh amd-driver-installer-15.20.1046-x86.x86_64.zip --buildpkg Fedora/F10
- Become root and install the RPM files that were generated.
$ su - # rpm -ihv filename.rpm
Step 2b Script Install Method
//tested working by WhiteRabbit56 on Radeon Mobility HD4650
- Open a terminal, become root, and run the package.
$ su - # sh amd-driver-installer-15.20.1046-x86.x86_64.zip # echo -n 1a12e6c2f7e613b887d92e943a40799e:223cd5fbc4c82295b7ee1ea30b7818b32a27d6f5cfd75095c68d67b409754faa2927:2820d5a193d375dae4ed4dac087240ab782583a7c683728bb7bb19ac0b781bad2873d4f593d0758de4bf4aa30f7040ab7924dea6c1d1718cb7e019a10e2618ff282bd4f5 > /etc/ati/signature
Step 3 Reboot
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.