Fedora 11 Installation Guide
Revision as of 18:55, 14 October 2009 by WhiteRabbit56
- Visit http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-lnx.zip page and download the installer.
Step 1 Install Development Tools
The fglrx driver has a small kernel module that is required for hardware 3D and OpenGL acceleration.
$ su -c `yum install gcc kernel-devel rpm-build`
Step 2 Install fglrx Driver
Step 2a Generate RPMs Method
//This method not tested!
- Open a terminal, and run the package.
$ sh radeon-crimson-15.12-15.302-151217a-297685e.zip --buildpkg Fedora/F10
- Become root and install the RPM files that were generated.
$ su - # rpm -ihv filename.rpm
Step 2b Script Install Method
//tested working by WhiteRabbit56 on Radeon Mobility HD4650
- Open a terminal, become root, and run the package.
$ su - # sh radeon-crimson-15.12-15.302-151217a-297685e.zip
Step 3 Reboot
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.