Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
Revision as of 02:44, 30 March 2006 by 18.104.22.168
- Note: You must have your "kernel-devel-[version]" RPM package installed prior to fglrx installation.
Fedora Core 5 uses the 2.6.16 kernel, which is not yet supported by the fglrx driver without some kernel recompiling.
- Download the latest release.
- su to root
- X_VERSION=x690 ./ati-installer-(version).run
- Follow the prompts and it will install.
- Reboot upon completion of installation.
- Note: The script installer will not install into the proper X.org 7.0 directories.
No longer supported as Fedora Core 5 is shipping with X.org version 7.0.