Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
- Note: You must have your "kernel-devel-[version]" RPM package installed prior to fglrx installation.
- Enable the livna repository
- Install the drivers and kernel module
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
yum install kmod-fglrx
- For ease of installation and updating, the package name of the driver has been changed
- As of today (2006-04-08) livna is still working out install bugs ( Bugtracker ) in the X86_64 package. It apperas they have fixed the problem, but have not yet finished testing. Some people report mixed success compiling from the source RPMS. YMMV.
Official ATI Binary installer
Update your kernel, kernel-devel, and xorg packages to the very latest before installation.
- Download the latest release.
- su to root in init level 3 (No X server running)
- Follow the prompts and it will install.
- Run the
aticonfig --initialcommand if you have not updated your X.org configuration file (xorg.conf).
- Change back to run level 5.
RedHat's developers strongly recommend against using the install package provided by ATI. It's sloppy install methods can render X unstable or even unusable even after uninstalling.
No longer supported as Fedora Core 5 is shipping with X.org version 7.0.