Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
Revision as of 07:53, 13 July 2011 by 188.8.131.52
- Note: You must have your "kernel-devel-[version]" RPM package installed prior to fglrx installation.
- Note: The administrator of this wiki uses FC5 on a Radeon 9700 with the latest driver without any issues using the Official ATI Binary Installer.
Red Hat's developers comments on 3rd party installers.
- Enable the livna repository
- Install the drivers and kernel module
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
yum install kmod-fglrx
- For ease of installation and updating, the package name of the driver has been changed
- As of today (2006-04-08) livna is still working out install bugs ( Bugtracker ) in the X86_64 package. It apperas they have fixed the problem, but have not yet finished testing. Some people report mixed success compiling from the source RPMS. YMMV.
- As of today (2006-06-14) tried several times to install the driver for ATI RADEON X700. It installed but not working. Still stuck at vesa. Those who are trying this method, be warned.
Now I know who the brainy one is, Ill keep looikng for your posts.
No longer supported as Fedora Core 5 is shipping with X.org version 7.0.