Fedora Core 5 Installation Guide
Revision as of 09:13, 14 July 2011 by 184.108.40.206
- Note: You must have your "kernel-devel-[version]" RPM package installed prior to fglrx installation.
- Note: The administrator of this wiki uses FC5 on a Radeon 9700 with the latest driver without any issues using the Official ATI Binary Installer.
Red Hat's developers comments on 3rd party installers.
Knocked my socks off with knoewldge!
Official ATI Binary installer
Smack-dab what I was lokoing forty!
- Download the latest release.
- su to root in init level 3 (No X server running)
- sh ati-driver-installer-[version].run
- Follow the prompts and it will install.
- Run the
aticonfig --initialcommand if you have not updated your X.org configuration file (xorg.conf).
- Change back to run level 5.
No longer supported as Fedora Core 5 is shipping with X.org version 7.0.