- Native Installer Support contributed by Stefan Dirsch
- Repackaged by Flavio Stanchina
- Install kernel-source and C++ compiler and tools selection in yast.
- Get the rpm that matches the SuSE X server on your system (XFree86 4.3 or X.Org 6.8) instead of the ATI driver installer from 
- init 3
- install the driver package (e.g. rpm -Uvh fglrx_6_8_0-8.18.8-1.i386.rpm)
- configure your X server using fglrxconfig
note: this is not the way described in the READMEs, but it's the way that worked best for me and others. Especially if sax and/or your X server crash when using the ATI driver installer's package (due to missing symbols in fglrx_drv.o)