Tips and Tricks
- To build your own .deb packages for Ubuntu you will need to install at least the following packages from the apt repositories:
- Moreover for latest releases, the following package simplifies module installation:
- If you want to use a newer version of the driver than the one which comes with your distribution and you have linux-restricted-modules installed, you have to disable the fglrx kernel module from linux-restricted-modules because it will invariably get in the way of your more recent drivers. Detailed information on how to achieve this can be found in the distribution-specific guides.
- You can configure the driver with the aticonfig tool, more information can be found at Configuring.
- Ubuntuforums.org Video forum: Dapper
|Distribution Neutral Steps|