- Included with Distribution
- Native Installer Support contributed by Aric Cyr
- Breezy (5.10) Installation Guide
- Dapper (6.06) Installation Guide
- Edgy (6.10) Installation Guide
- Feisty (7.04) Installation Guide
- Gutsy (7.10) Installation Guide
Tips and Tricks
- To build your own .deb packages for Ubuntu you will need to install at least the following packages from the apt repositories:
- If you want to use a newer version of the driver than the one which comes with your distribution and you have linux-restricted-modules installed, you have to disable the fglrx kernel module from linux-restricted-modules because it will invariably get in the way of your more recent drivers. Detailed information on how to achieve this can be found in the distribution-specific guides.
- You can configure the driver with the aticonfig tool, more information can be found at Configuring.
|Distribution Neutral Steps|