Revision as of 10:31, 16 July 2008 by Mooninite (Reverted edits by 18.104.22.168 (Talk); changed back to last version by EoD)
Xgl is the GLX on OpenGL implementation by David R. at Novell.
fglrx works for the most part, but there are a few bugs known to exist.
- Enabling FSAA causes corruption and instability.
- Mesa library is required for pixmap_to_texture support.
- Screen limit of 2048x1024 (so no dual screen)
- Closing the Xgl server without restarting X will cause a hardlock.
- Restoring a window that has been minimized sometimes causes the window to not be fully redrawn (random percentage is not redrawn, or sometimes the whole window is drawn).
- Restoring a window is not smooth and only appears when fully maximized (no smooth transition such as minimizing).
- On ATI cards, Xgl can only be started with a higher display number than the Xorg it is running on, i.e. DISPLAY=:0 Xgl :1 will work, DISPLAY=:93 Xgl :0 will not.
See also the openSUSE wiki for workarounds about some of the driver bugs.
- Radeon 9700
- All cards from R300 and up