Release Date: November 11, 2021
New in This Version
- Introducing support for RHEL 8.5.
- Release 21.40.1 is the first Radeon™ Software for Linux that uses unified ROCm™ and graphics drivers. This release has not been fully validated for Machine Learning use cases. Users are recommended to use https://rocmdocs.amd.com/en/latest/Current_Release_Notes/Current-Release-Notes.html for ROCm™ use cases.
- This release introduces a new driver distribution model that is based on public package repository instead of tarball. The installer is posted on amd.com.
- The amdgpu-install and amdgpu-uninstall scripts have been modified to support the above unified stack and new distribution model. Additional information on amdgpu-install and amdgpu-uninstall can be found in the installation documentation at https://amdgpu-install.readthedocs.io/en/21.40/ .
- The installer streamlines the installation process by:
- Abstracting the distribution-specific package installation logic,
- Performing the repository set-up,
- Allowing users to specify the use case and automating the installation of all the required packages,
- Downloading only packages that are needed for the chosen use case and reducing download size, and
- Performing post-install checks to verify whether the installation was performed successfully.
- EULA acceptance for proprietary components has been moved from amd.com to the installer.
- X is incorrectly configured when installed with the “--usecase=workstation” option with RHEL/CentOS. This will be fixed in the “Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q4 for Linux” release.
- Release Notes
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for RHEL 8.4/CentOS 8.4
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for RHEL 8.5/CentOS 8.5
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for RHEL 7.9/CentOS 7.9
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for Ubuntu 20.04.3
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for Ubuntu 18.04.5(6) HWE
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 21.40.1 for SLED/SLES 15 SP 2